Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Protocol

Community feedback required!

22 posts in this topic

I know this site has been a bit slow lately and wanted to try gain some more activity and interest here, I'd like to know what you guys want to see here and how we can move forward. Looking for ideas and feedback from you as we listen to the community.

regards

Hi Protocol, in my opinion we should share and speak more about code and exploits as in the good old times. It's a bit frustrating seeing nowadays people are too concerned to get cracked binaries... The most interesting for me should be to analyze protocols (aehm... not you :P) and the inner working of OSes like Windows, Linux, OS X, Android ans IOS.

Obviously this is my opinion.

Have you considered adding a shoutbox? It's probably not gonna increase traffic (much), but I always thought it was a nice feature to have for some quick general conversations.

Yes both good suggestions I will speak to 2sly and see what options we can come up with, maybe even set up a random irc channel.

Posted (edited)

On 31-3-2017 at 6:49 PM, BullDog said:

Have you considered adding a shoutbox? It's probably not gonna increase traffic (much), but I always thought it was a nice feature to have for some quick general conversations.

Bulldog do you this have that script that you made for IP.Board 3.4.x? 2sly asked me if we could merge some of the resource/code forums from HH.
It's not a bead idea? But I'm too lazy to do all the conversion stuff from the db again. Because it's a mess and gave me a headache.

Let me know your opinion on this, thanks.

OT
Maybe longer topic edit time is cool to have. For now that's all I can think of.
And maybe a cdn/ftp server to host all the attachments. Like a archive or sth.

Edited by FLdtL9

I'm not entirely sure what script you're referring to.
If you want to merge two IPB databases you can use their own tool for that. Although I suppose you don't want to merge HackHounds users and any sensitive information (IPs, PMs, etc.), so you would probably have to merge tables individually. It's not very difficult to do, but I don't remember writing any such script in the past?!

If 2sly or Protocol need some assistance of any kind (in terms of (web)-development) feel free to contact me though.

13 hours ago, BullDog said:

I'm not entirely sure what script you're referring to. I don't remember writing any such script in the past?!

Are you the real BullDog is what I wonder now.. Check your pm I have a question for you.

If you want to merge two IPB databases you can use their own tool for that. To merge tables individually. It's not very difficult to do

Yeah I know but the thing is, I had problems with it and only 90% of all the forum contents could be converted by their tool.
There was another problem, I don't remember it's like a year ago..

@Protocol or @2sly

"Your inbox is full. You must delete some messages before you can send any more."

So one more thing to make this a better place, increase pm inbox space.

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, FLdtL9 said:

Are you the real BullDog is what I wonder now.. Check your pm I have a question for you.

I've sent you a pm, since I didn't receive yours.

55 minutes ago, FLdtL9 said:

Yeah I know but the thing is, I had problems with it and only 90% of all the forum contents could be converted by their tool.
There was another problem, I don't remember it's like a year ago..

Yeah, I could probably do it manually then (or via script, although that would be kind of annoying to write), but I don't have access to ic0de's DB, or a similarly structured DB, so there really isn't much I can do.

Edited by BullDog
format

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, BullDog said:

I've sent you a pm, since I didn't receive yours.

Yeah my PM inbox was full and I had to go, so before I had time to compose a pm for you I already got it from you haha.

Yeah, I could probably do it manually then (or via script, although that would be kind of annoying to write), but I don't have access to ic0de's DB, or a similarly structured DB, so there really isn't much I can do.

If you are the real bulldog.. You just signed in,  nice timing. I will give you all the files you need just hold on it might take some time to upload 4.8GB.

Edited by FLdtL9

Pm's should be unrestricted please let me know if you are still getting problems.

regards

1 person likes this

Well I'm new and completely up for seeing something happen with this. Looks like there hasn't been much activity on here for a while. Fairly new to the hacker side of things but getting into the reverse engineering and exploit dev type stuff myself. So I guess I'd like to see some info about those topics. But generally I'm okay with whatever as long as we get it lively up in here. Feels like a ghost town.

btwaze, what's up with all the phishermen? 

Uh wtf, the edit option disappeared within 2 minutes..

2 hours ago, FLdtL9 said:

Uh wtf, the edit option disappeared within 2 minutes..

Edit time is 20mins was original 5mins for some reason but I've changed that now. I think a lot of settings were messed up when we moved servers so please bare with us. :-)

Permissions should also be fixed for the graphical forum.

regards

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Domain expired, damn. Had to edit my host file in order to post this, or add host header.

By the way, this shared host has really high latency for me at least. Posting, editing, and sending pms takes around 4 - 5 seconds. Almost reminds me of being on tor.

Edited by FLdtL9

Yea, that was my fault.  When I had to switch hosts I opted to transfer the domain name as well since it was included in the price.  I didn't monitor it like I should have and the transfer got stalled for some reason and the domain on the original registrar expired.  I am sorry for the inconvenience and will try to do better in the future.

On 19-4-2017 at 3:42 AM, 2sly said:

Yea, that was my fault.  When I had to switch hosts I opted to transfer the domain name as well since it was included in the price.  I didn't monitor it like I should have and the transfer got stalled for some reason and the domain on the original registrar expired.  I am sorry for the inconvenience and will try to do better in the future.

No big deal. I just had to alter my host file and it worked. The host header was just missing when the domain expired.

Back online, great (Altough site is still a little bit slowly)

Posted (edited)

On 21-4-2017 at 2:24 PM, Sebas said:

Back online, great (Altough site is still a little bit slowly)

Yup, It's because it is shared with many many other vhosts. I think the reason is costs and ddos/flood protection that is taken care of by the hoster.
Hosting the website itself completely self managed would also take a little more effort and cost, but would imporve security and optimizations aka serving speed. I'm not sure why they chose for a shared host, we cannot really complain actually as the webhost runs at their own cost and effort. Thanks god it is still here after all those years.

Edited by FLdtL9

@FLdtL9 Thanks for the clarification, make sense. Maybe when the iCode community is very active like back in days the site could be running with a vps which should solve the slowness

3 hours ago, Sebas said:

@FLdtL9 Thanks for the clarification, make sense. Maybe when the iCode community is very active like back in days the site could be running with a vps which should solve the slowness

Depends on what vps I guess and the network. DDos is a really big issue when you have a vps, and most hoster just null route your vps.
Not sure if cloudflare is a option, I don't like cloudflare. A good reverse proxy with ddos filtering already costs more than the hosting and IP.B license itself.