Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stamp29

Old sites Alternatives

13 posts in this topic

I have been away from the forums for quite some time. I have always been interested in security and malware. alot of my old sources appear to be down.

Splinter security, root security , unknown , hack hound all appear to be down. open source still looks to be up. These all used to provide great sources for malware analysis. 

can anyone suggest any new/current  forums that can be used to get new sources of malware for anysis?

Cheers

most forums died or are dieing 

opensc is still online but also inactive

I'd like to hear peoples replies on this thread as I'm also interested in knowing about it !

On 24-11-2016 at 7:37 AM, cracksman said:

well, https://rhyliv.com/ is up now, but its likely to fall offline in the next month or two.

it's dead already. I was at a point to doubt on my decision to bring hackhound back. But it really is a waste of effort and money. As soon as the webhost is facing the public it will get shitted with bots from all around the globe, which cloudflare cannot even block stupidly enough. It did cost so much effort, I moved over to tor, and still people complained while the uptime was much greater as those dumb bots cannot reach the tor network. It was too complicated or slow, it died..

Now it's a goner. When I now try to seek people from the scene, all gone xmpp, irc, skype..

The scene is as dead as it gets

Edited by FLdtL9
typo

On 22.2.2017 at 4:13 AM, FLdtL9 said:

it's dead already. I was at a point to doubt on my decision to bring hackhound back. But it really is a waste of effort and money. As soon as the webhost is facing the public it will get shitted with bots from all around the globe, which cloudflare cannot even block stupidly enough. It did cost so much effort, I moved over to tor, and still people complained while the uptime was much greater as those dumb bots cannot reach the tor network. It was too complicated or slow, it died..

Now it's a goner. When I now try to seek people from the scene, all gone xmpp, irc, skype..

The scene is as dead as it gets

Damn dude. What about HH IRC channel - or something similar?

I think(just my opinion) we need some way to keep in touch. Recently got more active, and can't reach anyone. If it's about money, I am willing to help with the costs if others could help too. :) 

Duyan, if you see this - hmu [@] you know where :D -testacc 😘

12 hours ago, skiddie said:

Damn dude. What about HH IRC channel - or something similar?

I think(just my opinion) we need some way to keep in touch. Recently got more active, and can't reach anyone. If it's about money, I am willing to help with the costs if others could help too. :)

IRC or another way a group of people can stay in touch is fine. We sure should make sth like that happen soon.

But it's not about the money actually... Its just a never ending war between people who hate on eachother and ddos/flood make drama etc. And all the work that goes intro it that nobody seemed to respect in the end somehow.

Idk man, I don't feel like doing it again. We can better stay here, or maybe start a new fora, simple as fuck free open source cms, low end server, behind cnd without "hack" in it.
As soon as there's a "hack" metakey, search hit or whatever it will end like any hacking board. Being dead or filled up with bs.

A all around board, about electronic engineering, reverese engineering, and programming. Without the "RAT(s)" bs. 

Edited by FLdtL9

12 minutes ago, FLdtL9 said:

IRC or another way a group of people can stay in touch is fine. We sure should make sth like that happen soon.

But it's not about the money actually... Its just a never ending war between people who hate on eachother and ddos/flood make drama etc. And all the work that goes intro it that nobody seemed to respect in the end somehow.

Idk man, I don't feel like doing it again. We can better stay here, or maybe start a new fora, simple as fuck free open source cms, low end server, behind cnd without "hack" in it.
As soon as there's a "hack" metakey, search hit or whatever it will end like any hacking board. Being dead or filled up with bs.

A all around board, about electronic engineering, reverese engineering, and programming. Without the "RAT(s)" bs. 

IRC would be good, but I'm worried if people would visit there often?

A low cost, all around board could be good I think. Like you you mentioned, just programming, reverse engineering and other related but no words like "hacking" or any other word that attracts skids and other unwanted people. Of course, there could be a black box where chosen people could talk more freely if wanted to.

That way, people could keep in touch - even if they are online only several times per month. IRC on the other hand, everyone would need to be online at the same time if wanted to participate on some interesting discussion. But if that's not possible, IRC is always better than nothing! :)

1 person likes this

On 28-2-2017 at 10:07 PM, skiddie said:

IRC would be good, but I'm worried if people would visit there often?

A low cost, all around board could be good I think. Like you you mentioned, just programming, reverse engineering and other related but no words like "hacking" or any other word that attracts skids and other unwanted people. Of course, there could be a black box where chosen people could talk more freely if wanted to.

That way, people could keep in touch - even if they are online only several times per month. IRC on the other hand, everyone would need to be online at the same time if wanted to participate on some interesting discussion. But if that's not possible, IRC is always better than nothing! :)

Alright I agree, but first things first IF this will happen, we would need a new domain name, maybe.. I also then need to convert the db and chose a new fora cms.

What would do the job? I don't want IP.Board again, I have seen so many small bugs, that even when you paid for it didn't got fixed. So fuck that, I am not going to pay again, or use a nulled version without doing all the resource and a cmp with the org ofc.

SMF, PHPbb, Mybb I have no idea. Will need to look at those and which one is the most secure one.

Shoutout to other HackHound members. It's Rottweiler

Here's my jabber: rottsploit@xmpp.ru

2 people like this

Good to see You around HH's. :) If You need my jabber , You can pm me. My nick is almost the same as on HH , just one extra "s" is added. :)

1 person likes this

0x90.in was basically dead, but it's currently down. They do offer No-Log jabber on 0x90.im atm.

Posted (edited)

On 19-3-2017 at 1:58 PM, snoopydogg said:

0x90.in was basically dead, but it's currently down. They do offer No-Log jabber on 0x90.im atm.

Excuse our downtime

Due to our host having a catastrphic data loss event all data from the past 4 months or so have been lost. This is unfortunate, and it will take me some time to get it working

I don't try to be harash here, but what kind of server administrator must you be to loss 4 months(!!) of data. Come on man, is it so damn complex to write a bash script, with mail notification that gzips/tars dirs/drop db and upload to some cheap ass sftp/ssh with only disk space. No. Complete lame this, in my worst scenario I lost 12 hours of data, simply reinstalled the server pull the backups restore and full trottle again.

Seriously, I learnt it the hard way. Using a drive so long until the freaking platter bearings locked up, had to pay quite a few to get a new doner and platter swap(I didn't do this myself, i don't have the proper tools clean room and so forth).. The sound of a ticking hdd and no data is terrifying !! At least have two drives that hold the backup and one in RAID(10/50/60) configuration just in case.

Edited by FLdtL9