Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stamp29

Old sites Alternatives

5 posts in this topic

I have been away from the forums for quite some time. I have always been interested in security and malware. alot of my old sources appear to be down.

Splinter security, root security , unknown , hack hound all appear to be down. open source still looks to be up. These all used to provide great sources for malware analysis. 

can anyone suggest any new/current  forums that can be used to get new sources of malware for anysis?

Cheers

most forums died or are dieing 

opensc is still online but also inactive

I'd like to hear peoples replies on this thread as I'm also interested in knowing about it !

On 24-11-2016 at 7:37 AM, cracksman said:

well, https://rhyliv.com/ is up now, but its likely to fall offline in the next month or two.

it's dead already. I was at a point to doubt on my decision to bring hackhound back. But it really is a waste of effort and money. As soon as the webhost is facing the public it will get shitted with bots from all around the globe, which cloudflare cannot even block stupidly enough. It did cost so much effort, I moved over to tor, and still people complained while the uptime was much greater as those dumb bots cannot reach the tor network. It was too complicated or slow, it died..

Now it's a goner. When I now try to seek people from the scene, all gone xmpp, irc, skype..

The scene is as dead as it gets

Edited by FLdtL9
typo