Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Protocol

Which VM?

14 posts in this topic

What virtual machine do you use and why? I thought it would be an idea to see if there is a trend of which virtual software is at the base of reversers!

I myself have used virtual box for ages just because its free :P

i used to use VMware for a while, but i reinstalled windows a while back and tried "Windows Virtual PC", which told me I do not have enough RAM.

only have 2GB dammit ;-(

I'm using VirtualBox... and btw Cuckoo is awesome and can be used with VMware too...

The only reason I don't like, yet still use VirtualBox. Sharing files is much easier in VMWare with the drag and drop (VM windows and desktop).

would you guys think virtualbox is faster and quicker than vmware? No? Yes?

CUCKOO LOOKS NICE! looks really interesting

virtual box has drag and drop just need to install the addtions add-on, My virtual box is portable which means it writes all its settings to *.ini files and other files within the directory as far as Im aware nothing is written to registry only downside if I remember right is that you need admin rights. found the portable version by googling.

Maybe newer versions have it, I know I had installed the add-on and still did nothing.

I'm using VirtualBox... and btw Cuckoo is awesome and can be used with VMware too...

it works with VMware Player?

The new server I build is Running vSphere and it is pretty nice. Seems to be able to handle everything I can throw at it with ease.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've used most of them but I ended up with VMware ESXi. Not the bare-metal hypervisor but the workstation edition. I was planning on using vsphere but it didn't really add much of a benefit since its small scale stuff that I am doing on it. It also has only 10 gigs of ram.

I've used almost all of them: vpc(microsoft), vm Player, virtualbox(oracle), kvm, openvz, xen.. 

Edited by FLdtL9