Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Protocol

isnippet

88 posts in this topic

29/April/2012 2015PMcWBAX.png(Added) RAsPl.png(Changed) nS8CT.png(Removed)RAsPl.png Fixed edit syntax bug: When editing a snippet syntax's were not being loaded/changed (snippet add dialog);RAsPl.png Fixed button alignment bug: Buttons were being clipped off screen or hidden under other controls had to fix programmtically as ide design caused problems from xp-win7 (snippet add dialog);Added icons to my change log to make it a bit more modern then keep using ascii art like [+][*][-] lol

iSnippet sqlite.rar

iSnippet sqlite.rar

Now that this got released i beleive we could start building a database of snippets/units/sources from the forum?

Its not 100% complete lol, Still working on a bulit in search feature to find things easier as well as other tweaks, if you guys could post feedback and ideas it would be very good.

My main suggestion is setting up a SQL database for ic0de so that we can all submit our own code to there via iSnippet. We'd just have to find a way to make sure it doesn't get abused.

I want to get search, help topics, (maybe import/export) finished before i look at a online solution, as I started writing to be a app to be carried on a usb/ portable device when your off on your travels coding :)

My main suggestion is setting up a SQL database for ic0de so that we can all submit our own code to there via iSnippet. We'd just have to find a way to make sure it doesn't get abused.

+1

By the way, why isn't iSnippet open source?

+1

By the way, why isn't iSnippet open source?

He's still in the testing stages I believe. Or it's simply a closed source project.

Why open source a half finished project? The current stage of the project is still ALPHA, I want to get a stable release with all functions i want implemented before i decided if to release the source code, I have however shown how or what database set up im using and my design. Why not suggest improvements, bug reports etc? this will help me and keep me motivated on this project. I notice only 11 people have downloaded it so far so doesn't seem to much like people are interested in this project.

I just tested the app.

Things to fix

-When a snippet is deleted it will remain visible in the main window till refresh manually.

-The text on the code view can be edited even tho you cant save the changes unless you go to edit mode.

Things to consider adding

-right click options on the treeview

-hotkeys support

-a comments tab for each snippet (this is good to annotate things concerning the snippet although an option to attach a file can be handy it'll over complicate things) EG: a code to connect to MySQL will have a note stating that you have to install the connector and the connector installer can be attached to the snippet for instance.

-import/export (save to) the import option is necessary in my opinion since IDEs like VB hide code from the interface so pasting it straight from it can lead to incomplete snippets , pulling full file contents seems better

-copy to clipboard option

-search is already in the list

-and some others but dont want to annoy

Yeh will fix the text on delete soon, right click menu will probably be added soon, I need some time to draw up a list of ideas/extras to add.

Version 0.2a 07 MAY 2012RAsPl.png Fixed edit snippet syntax not changing once edit applied.RAsPl.png Fixed possible local sql injection with syntax.RAsPl.png Fixed snippet not deleting after removal of a snippet.RAsPl.png Fixed syntax inside add snippet dialog was not highlightingcWBAX.png Added simple pop up menu to speed up managing of snippets.--------------------------------------------------------------To Do--------------------------------------------------------------Add Search of snippets and treenodes.Add Export / Import functionality.Write simple help topicsAdd settings dialog to change highlighting of syntax colours.--------------------------------------------------------------Thanks--------------------------------------------------------------Cobein - For bug report please continue to do so and ill add you to the beta credits list ;)Please can you all let your friends know about this so we can develop it further the better bug/tests i get the better i can fix it up and make it the best it can be.regards

isnippet 02a.rar

isnippet 02a.rar

Good work Protocol :D.

When you right click on a snippet or a category, I would have done things a little differently.

My idea is if you right click on a category, it will give you :

Add -> New Snippet

-> New Category

Rename

Remove

And if you right click on a snippet, it will give you :

Open

Rename

Remove

Properties [sEE BELOW]

And I would not have made a new form for editing.

Yes, my idea looks very similar to VS :o.

But this is just my personal preferences ;).

One option that I will like to see is Properties. In those properties there will be creation date, authors, language etc.

There will be more updated toward September on this project, as Im currently away from my desktop computer and only have sat internet as well as limited time, Should have a search function implemented in September :)

There will be more updated toward September on this project, as Im currently away from my desktop computer and only have sat internet as well as limited time, Should have a search function implemented in September :)

yeee do work gurrrrrl

iSnippet 0.3aGsRI6.pngHCMNA.pngi4vu1.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Change Log------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------cWBAX.png Add nS8CT.png Remove RAsPl.png Modified------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Version 0.3a ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------RAsPl.png [20/NOV/2012] Finished goto line number, since scintilla line numbers start at 1 (rather then zero based) all other code has been edited to reflect this. RAsPl.png [19/NOV/2012] Finished up search functions for treeview and code view.RAsPl.png [04/NOV/2012] Fixed bug with auto resizing of line number collumn.RAsPl.png [04/NOV/2012] Fixed current language in use displayed on status bar. cWBAX.png [04/NOV/2012] Added Search function for snippets.RAsPl.png [11/OCT/2012] All Categories/Snippets are loaded on application launch to make way for search functions.nS8CT.png [23/SEP/2012] Removed logo as I felt it was taking up work space and not really needed.cWBAX.png [23/SEP/2012] Toolbar was added to give access to common used option quickly. Also gives the application a more slick and proffesional look.RAsPl.png [23/SEP/2012] Fixed bug with code display not refreshing when popup menu is clicked on a different snippet to the one currently being viewed.cWBAX.png [23/SEP/2012] Added line number "ln", collumn number "cn", selected character count "sel" to status bar.RAsPl.png [23/SEP/2012] Fixed bug with drag n drop which would cause dupe or phantom nodes.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do report bugs and give me constructive feedback, I have added a few snippets from the forum to get you guys started, if you do not wish to keep them and want a fresh start, simply delete "snippets.db" from the application folder.If someone wants to write a help file for it, I would appreciate that. Also this is still alpha as it needs testing and a few more things added in future versions. But as a few people have been asking about it I was exciited to get a new version out.Hash MD5 78cd41b12d94c367546fe40b082f1730

isnippet 0.3a.rar

isnippet 0.3a.rar

Great work, I may start using it! (unless my saving text-files habit doesn't go away). I think a nice feature would be being able to set a default syntax highlight when creating a new category (so all new snippets added under that category default to that syntaxhighlight).

I noticed that with pascal/Delphi syntax highlight, "end." (with a period not a ";") doesn't highlight. i guess that's more for a project and not a snippet though. so its technically not a bug.

its amazing! perhaps you should introduce an auto formatter on adding a snippet to the database? (indentation etc)

i like how it comes with some snippets as well :)

I know you guys have had a few weeks now to test it, just wanted to find out if you found any more problems or whatnot before I go back to updating it again?

no problems at my end, new suggestion maybe add an author field, so we can search snippets by title or author name?

[edit] nah, i guess that's what category's are for.

author(s) field sounds pretty good.

maybe a new table with authors. then they can have a website and aliases.

Nice work Protocol, it is coming along really good. Just wondering if you included DoubleBuffer as true for your form? I am assuming you have some sort of update function when you widen the panel and move list items around by clicking, holding and move. I notice a very tiny delay which would indicate that it is updating on the fly or timer, I am thinking you wouldn't use a timer, so that rules that out. Doublebuffering probably will not help the tiny delay. If you do have an update function maybe using a thread might help?

Anyway great job, search by Author would be useful for large databases full of snippets and units, Also if you really want to kill some time programming then an option to include keywords when adding a snippet, these key words can be used in search..... like youtube ect...

Edited by Departure

Just a little teaser to show you this project is not dead. I am still working on it be it all so slowly around work and family. Currently finishing of the settings menu which will give you a lot more customization with colour highlighting etc. There is not set deadline to when it will be finished as I never know how much time I will have to work on it.

9kbSes6.png

xafeT2k.png

Z17z4yS.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0